Sustainable Wallingford is a community group of people living locally and working together to help build a greener future for Wallingford. In 2023 we have a new chair, Catherine Somerville, and are having monthly meetings inthe back roomof the Dolphin pub, where you can meet and chat to other interested peope and a speaker on a current topic. You can see dates and details in the Events sidebar of the page.
We are part of the Community Action Group (CAG) Project of over 60 groups across Oxfordshire, at the forefront of community led climate change action.
We organise events and projects on issues including energy, waste, transport, food,biodiversity and social justice.
UN Resolution 42/187 defined sustainable development as meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- living within the planet’s environmental limits;
- ensuring a strong, healthy and just society;
- achieving a sustainable economy;
- promoting good governance; and
- using sound science responsibly.
Our goals locally are to
- help reduce the carbon footprint of Wallingford in response to climate change,
- promote a sustainable and resilient lifestyle for our town without fossil fuels
- carbon and energy-use reduction
Some of our active projects are featured on this site, and since the pandemic we are even more aware of the need for community initiatives which people will enjoy. If you want to help Wallingford adapt to the challenges which face us, take a look at who we are and what we do, and contact us. We would love to meet you