Many of our important activities are local and small in scale, but we look further afield for opportunities too.
- In 2016 we have launched a “Wallingford All Sharing” Project (aka WASP) to match people who have spare garden space and would like some help, with those who would like to grow produce but have nowhere to do it. Good gardening practice with good advice, and no need to tackle a whole allotment.
We have received various grants for particular purposes, which have helped us run bigger projects.
- In 2012 we bid successfully for £88,000 from the Department of Energy and Climate Change’s LEAF project.
- In 2011, we ran a series of ‘Demonstration Eco Home’ days in a county-wide event.
- In 2010, we borrowed a thermal imaging camera from South Oxfordshire District Council and surveyed more than 100 buildings for heat loss.
- In 2009, we sourced funding to help us organise a very successful ‘Greening Wallingford’ campaign.
- Back in 2003, members of the group won funding for the first ‘Buy Local’ directory, which has been updated ever since and is now online.
Click on the links for more details and watch out for new projects in Spring 2016.