Sustainable Wallingford’s Transport Group promotes and campaigns for sustainable transport.
We work to improve cycling and walking facilities and public transport links, and try to influence the county’s local transport plans, bus subsidy reviews, economic development plans for the town and local planning strategy. One key objective has been a safe and convenient cycling link between Wallingford and Cholsey Station, our nearest rail link. Thanks to the intervention of Cholsey Parish Council, a joint-use footpath/cyclepath has been created on the west side of Wallingford Road between Wallingford and Cholsey. Please use it!
We are looking for safe cycling for children as well as adults. Click for tips from Wallingford School.
|Enjoy the countrysideTry these local cycle rides.Just click on each picture to download an annotated map of the route.|
- Save money on running costs: the average active member of the lift share network saves over £974 per year.
- Reduce the need for a second car
- Reduce the need to find parking places, and save money on parking costs
- Help reduce pollution and congestion
- Help to reduce the mental and physical stress of driving by sharing driving time
- Meet new people and have a sociable journey
If you know of other people travelling to the same location as yourself, for example if you’re attending the same meeting / office, leisure venue, or shop then suggest that you both car share rather than travel separately. If you have a regular meeting or event which you attend by car, register that journey on the Oxfordshire Liftshare website to see if there are others making the same trip, or if you know you’ll be doing a one-off long trip by car it’s also worth registering this kind of journey on the site.