Energy is central to all we do, and a core issue. Wallingford Community Energy Limited was Sustainable Wallingford’s Social enterprise arm, helping members of the community put these ideas into practice more easily.
Our work involved encouraging reduced use of fossil fuels by helping people to reduce their energy use and increase the use of renewable technologies.
During 2017 we helped residents to make positive changes, chatting to people face to face or on the phone to talk about the best ways to save energy or how to get renewable energy technologies (such as solar panels) installed.
What we offered:
- Free Energy Meter Library – Lending energy meters to see how much energy different appliances use within the home
- Free one-to-one advice and guidance on how to cut energy use by taking simple steps, saving you money and saving the planet
- Information and advice on installing Renewable Technologies with discounted rates
- Volunteer opportunities – For those interested in doing more to help the environment
- A non biased comparison of local solar panel installation companies
In 2022 we have updated this offering with our Solar Streets project, a community project across Wallingford and surrounding villages for all home-owners and businesses to get discounted solar installations.